Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Always Magic / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I have a bonus layout to share today for the Hip Kit Club using the 2015 September Hip Kits.  I actually made this a few weeks ago...it was actually the day before my October Kits arrived.  So this layout went on the back burner while I tore into my new goodies :)

I wanted to use a lot of patterned papers on this page, and I challenged myself to use big and bold patterns and colors and make them work together.  I created a vertical design with a horitzontal background and used gesso, paints and gelatos to bright them all together.  I also challenged myself to be a bit more random with my embellishments...which is something I have trouble with.  In the end, I love how it turned out.


The white gesso helped to blend out some of the bold patterns and colors and gave the wet mediums a place to go without seeping into the paper.  I used some of the Amy Tan washi tape, American Crafts and Crate Paper chipboard, a Freckled Fawn wood veneer and some of the Dear Lizzy Rub-Ons.  I also reached into some of the older kits and pulled out the gold dotted vellum and that shiny gold star.


I had some of the hot pink thread in my stash, and it matched the background paper perfectly.  I layered it under the photo along with a Crate Paper Poolside wood button.  I love the random mix of things here.


I love the greens and blues mixed with the golds here...I tried not to think about it too much.  I usually am very picky about colors and placement, but I just went for it on this one.  That gold heart is from Freckled Fawn.


I heat embossed "magic" and combined it with those skinny teal Thickers.  One of my favorite parts of this page is the fun chipboard cat...random, but oh so adorable!


Here's the process video for this page if you'd like to see how it was put together.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment