Friday, October 30, 2015

Let Your Light Shine

 ***********Go HERE for The Cut Shoppe Halloween Blog Hop************

Happy Friday, friends!  Today I'm sharing a layout that I created a few weeks ago for a Throwback Thursday challenge over on the My Scraps & More forums.  The challenge was to use up some of your die cuts or ephemera pieces from past collections.  If you're like me, you have tons of Crate Paper pieces left over.  I paired some of those with some Heidi Swapp die cuts to create this layout.

I pulled from the Crate Paper Notes & Things and Open Book and Heidi Swapp September Skies.  I used a few pieces of the Color Magic which I added gelatos to.

I started with a white background and did some watercolor work with spray mists and a stencil.  I show exactly how I did this in my process video down below.  I tucked in lots of die cut flowers and other various pieces around the layout.


I love these flowers...this is a mix of regular die cuts, clear die cuts and the Color Magic ones.  The horse is from Crate paper, and I decide to use it because my daughter loves horses, and also because the color matches :)


I used some of the new Elle's Studio alpha stamps here as well as my own handwriting for the title.  I added some text tissue paper from my stash and some white tangled thread.


Here is a mix of Crate and Heidi.  I love how they look layered and stitched down together.  I used a sheet of black dotted Heidi Swapp paper to back the left and bottom edges of the layout.


I pulled a flair button from my stash and added a Heidi arrow here before adding my journaling and some black ink splatters.


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out :)  I hope it inspires you in some way!



Thanks so much for stopping by....and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment