Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Sweet Life / Pinkfresh Studio

Hello again, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Pinkfresh Studio.  I used the Happy Blooms collection for this, and I just love the color scheme!  I wanted to use patterned papers for the background instead of cardstock, so I combined two.  The two papers are Together and Cottage.  I wanted the pink to show behind the floral paper, so I tore a big chunk of the floral paper and glued it to the pink one.  I used a lot of white gesso to fade out some of the pattern and prepare it for some watercolors.  I love doing this to enhance the photo and to make the pattern less busy.


After the gesso dried, I used some watercolors from my stash to create a blue and green area on the background.  I initially wanted to use a lot of green, but I wound up using blue as well.  I didn't use any pink watercolor since there is already so much pink everywhere else.  I layered a few of the large envelopes behind the photo and then added a few of the label-style die cuts.  I hadn't planned on using any of the fruits, but I did!  I used the strawberries & pears.  They matched so perfectly.

Don't forget that the Pinkfresh Studio Liquid Watercolors are being phased out, and whatever is left is currently on clearance.  I layered the Thistle Bloom cut file behind my photos, which I cut pretty small on some white cardstock.  I used the green puffy alphas for part of my title, but I altered the color.  I've done this before, and it's really easy.  Just use your finger to add a few coats of white gesso to the letters and then simply paint over them!  I used the same blue & green colors on these letters that I used on the background.  I paired the "sweet" with the "life" die cut.
I did use a small brush and added a bit of a brighter pink watercolor to the "life" piece to bring that bright pink color down to this area of the page.  I created a little cluster here with more of the pears, which I popped up using adhesive foam.  The smaller one is actually a sticker that I cut out.  I layered a few more label stickers down below that.  All this created the perfect little nook for my journaling.
Here you can see the awesome texture that the gesso made.  It gives some grit to the page and works so well with water colors!  I also tucked in some matching threads here for more texture :)
I love these large envelopes with the round clasp...I love the look of the string on the layout.
I used two matching butterfly puffy stickers here.
I scattered around lots of the Essentials Jewels...they are my favorite!  Such awesome texture and sparkle :)
I took lots of close-ups so take a look!





I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try today...I really love how this turned out.  And I learned that I should never rule out using items that I said I'd "never use"...like the fruit!  When I first saw those I thought I'd probably never use those.  Well here we are...haha!  You just never know :D

Here's my process video:


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment