Monday, November 2, 2020

Thankful For You / Pinkfresh Studio November Challenge

Hey, friends!  The Pinkfresh Studio November Challenge is up over on the blog, and it's all about being thankful :)  The beautiful color scheme is inspired by the Days of Splendor collection.  Check it out!

 

Here's the layout I created.  I began by using one of the leave sprigs from the Autumn Leaves cut file.  I duplicated a few times and welded it together to create one big leafy sprig.  I wanted to use purple on this page, so I backed all the little berries with purple.  I used a patterned paper from the Days of Splendor collection as well as one of the envelope embellishments to do that.   I used thick white cardstock for the background, which I coated with clear gesso.  I used the Liquid Watercolors to create the blue color wash.

 

I fussy cut the blue rounded leaf sprigs from a patterned paper and added them to the cut file in a few places.  I also added in more leafy die cuts.  I used the multicolored small puffy alpha stickers to create my title and mixed it with a piece that I die cut.  I used the Phrase Builder: You Die Set to create the "you."

I added white splatters on the background using white acrylic paint.  I really didn't add to many embellishments...I didn't want to take away from the cut file & the background. 
I did add a bit of light blue tangled thread here under the photo.  I also added some of the Essentials Jewels Mix...I used some purple, green and blue jewels.  They are the perfect little finisher, and they have great sparkle.
I added more thread here on the right side of the photo.  I did fussy cut this camera from a patterned paper since it matched so well.
Here are a few more shots of all the details :)
I did tuck in this piece of an envelope embellishment...I love the texture this creates!


I hope this inspires you to join us for the challenge this month! It was fun to use the moodboard to create this layout.  Be sure to check it out HERE.

Also, check out my process video:

https://youtu.be/Aoxq62JpT7k

 

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment