Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Happy Everyday / Paige Evans DT

Hey friends!  I'm here today with a bright new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring Paige’s Go the Scenic Route collection. I started this page with Paige’s Diamond Leaves cut file, which I cut three times on my Silhouette Cameo using Paper 2Paper 6, and Paper 15. I wanted to create a shadow effect to create dimension, so I layered all three pieces together. My photo has a lot of open space to the left, so I tucked it under the leaves on the right and embellished around it. I used thick smooth white cardstock as the base and I first coated it with clear gesso. I used a mix of Distress Oxides and Shimmerz to create matching watercolor areas behind the cut file and photo.

 

I just adore these gorgeous colors! Once I had the cut files layered, I decided where to put certain colors on the background. I used several flowers from the Floral Die Cuts to layer here and I fussy cut a few small blue flowers from the 6x8 Paper Pad. I also used a few Cardstock Stickers in a few places.

I decided to add on to the title by adding another word sticker here, and I created a little cluster around it using some fussy cut flowers.  I made my journaling work in between everything here.
I liked this polaroid frame puffy sticker because of the colors.  The blues were perfect for this side of the layout, and I tried to include all of the colors in the cluster here.
I love how these layered cut files turned out.  Something as simple as a darker color peeking around the edges can make such a big impact. It might be subtle, but it still creates such a nice effect, I think.
To take the background a step further, I added stamping detail. I used the small diamond tile shape from the Acrylic Stamps on each color section. I used the same Distress Oxides to do this and I love the subtle texture it gives the background.
I wanted to use embellishments that would pop against the colors, so I used one of the Puffy Word Stickers right on top of the photo. I used a colorful scalloped Ephemera Die Cut under the photo and I added another part of the title down below that using a Puffy Phrase Sticker. I tucked in dark blue thread and I love how it pops against that bold yellow.
Here are a few more shots of all the pretty goodness :)



I hope this inspires you in some way today!  I can't get enough of these bright colors.  Be sure to check out my process video here for all the details:


Thanks for stopping by!  See you again tomorrow with another new project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment