Saturday, November 14, 2020

Grateful You & Me / Hip Kit Club

Happy Saturday, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club today.  I am still using the 2020 October Hip Kits, and I began this page with part of an exclusive file.  This "grateful" piece is part of a larger design; I just trimmed it to use this one part.  I cut it on white cardstock and decided to leave it plain and let the watercolor show behind it.  I placed it in the center of the page and arranged my photos around it.

I used thick smooth white cardstock for the background and coated it with clear gesso.  I used a mix of the Lindy's Gang Magical Powders to create the pink area.  I also used some of the Jen Hadfield Gold Glitter Spray that we got in a kit from 2019.  Once I had my three photos arranged, I started sorting through all of the embellishments from the kits.

 

I love how the background looks with the cut file on top of it.  I did add several layers of the powders to achieve this look.  I even went back and added more after I glued the cut file down...haha.  I did add some machine stitching through the title for some added texture and detail.

I used lots of the Simple Stories stickers and puffy stickers around the photos.  At first I wanted to only use pink items, but I decided to add in some shades of orange and yellow.  I used a lot of the small leaves and flowers.  I used a few Pocket Life cards to layer behind the photos as well as some white tissue paper.
I did pop up all the photos with adhesive foam to give them some lift off the page.  I used some of the Pebbles packaging here...these gold and white scallops.  Always look at the packaging because many times you can use it like this!  A trick for the thin paper stickers is to stick them to white cardstock first and then cut them out...that way you can move them around like die cuts and they don't stick to everything.  That's what I did for most of these flower stickers.
I wound up having the perfect spot to add a smaller secondary title here.  I used more of those beautiful gold puffy Thickers...it fit right in.  I toned down the gold shine a bit by smudging some white gesso over the letters.  I tucked in some of the Simple Stories adhesive brads and more small leaf stickers.  I also used two of the gold foiled butterfly die cuts from Pebbles.
I love how these colors turned out together.  I just love using gold so much :)
More fun details :)
I machine stitched some trails from the butterflies.  I love doing that if I have room.  It adds some subtle detail and texture, which I am all about :)
Here are a few more close-ups because I always take lots :)

I hope this inspires you and gives you more ideas to try with your October Hip Kits.  I had fun playing with the smaller bits in the kit, and it was fun to use only a few colors.  

Be sure to check out my process video:


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment