Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Sprays & Mists Tutorial for Scrap Academy / Everyday Backseat View

Hey, friends!  I'm back today to share another video and layout I created as a guest teacher for Scrap Academy.  I focused on sprays and mists for scrapbooking, and in this video I dive into several different ways they can be used on your projects.  I also share some of my past layouts featuring the different techniques.  I hope you find it helpful if you're just getting into mixed media or find it intimidating.  It really is easy to use them, and it doesn't have to be "a big ol' mess" at all :D



 

I used a small circle stencil to create this background.  I used textured white cardstock that I coated in clear gesso first.  I used a rainbow variety of Shimmerz sprays over the stencil to create the fun circles on the background.  I was inspired to use circles and these colors when I flipped through an older Heidi Swapp sticker book and found these cute & colorful circle stickers.  After I made the background, I distressed the edges of each circle, added adhesive foam under them and scattered them over the page.  I added some matching colors of sewing thread around a few of them to add some fun texture.

I love that you can see the cardstock's texture through the sprays.  I tried to arrange the circles on the matching section of the background.  I glued them all down and then continued to embellish using more stickers from the sticker book.
I used some older Basic Grey small black alphas for my small title.  I like that it fit perfectly here under the photo and in between some of the circles.  I added a few more stickers and wrote my journaling beneath it using a fine tip Sharpie.
More stickers :)
I used a few random pieces from my stash bucket to layer behind the photo as well as some white tissue paper.
This actually turned out to be a pretty simple page once the background was complete.  I just stuck to the sticker book, and it came together pretty quickly.




I hope this inspires you to try out some sprays & mists on your next layout!  I promise they don't have to be scary, and you don't have to use a lot.  A little can go a long way and make a big impact. The possibilities are endless!

Be sure to check out Scrap Academy for all kinds of videos and projects related to anything and everything scrapbooking.  It's a great place to learn and have fun!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment