Friday, September 18, 2020

Good Times Ahead / Hip Kit Club

Happy Friday, friends!  I have a new layout to share today for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2020 August Hip Kits to create a fun travel page.  I was inspired by the Simple Stories Going Places Sticker Book...it's full of awesome travel-related phrases, icons and more!

I started this design with the Good Times Ahead chipboard piece from Simple Stories.  I arranged my photos with it and went from there.  I used thick, smooth white cardstock for the background, and I coated it with clear gesso first.  I used a mix of the yellow & orange ink pads from The Stamp Market that we got in a previous Color Kit.  I wanted a contrasting color since there was so much blue in my color photo. 

To get the color on the background, I just smooshed the ink pads right onto the paper.  I spritzed it with water and the let the colors run and blend together to create a large watercolor area.  Once that dried, I began deciding what stickers I wanted to use.  I stuck them all to white cardstock and then cut them out so I could move them around like die cuts.  I wanted a big cluster of words and images coming down under the photos.  I added some colored thread in a few places as well.
I popped up some of the pieces with adhesive foam to create some dimension.  I used the Simple Stories washi tape to create some circles.  It's so easy...I just stuck a few strips of the tape onto some white cardstock and punched the circles out.  I smudged some white gess over them to fade out some of the circles...I love that weathered look :)
I love all of these fun colors used together.  It made it easier to choose smaller embellishments because I could use any of these colors and it would match :)
I fussy cut this little airplane from the Simple Stories brads...It was perfect since we were on a plane in the photos!
I really like how this background turned out.  I used an orange tag here under the photo for another pop of that color.

Here are a few more close-ups of all the details :)



I hope this inspires you in some way...I had a lot of fun making it!  This kit is perfect for travel photos.  Be sure to check out my process video here for all the action :)

 


Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment