Thursday, September 10, 2020

Good Vibes / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  Here's my latest layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2020 August Hip Kits :)  I used an exclusive cut file as a big design element.  I cut it large on texture white cardstock so I could color it to match.  I started by fussy cutting lots of pretty flowers from an exclusive patterned paper to scatter around the photo and title.  I decided to go with yellow on the background to contrast against all of the other colors.  I thought about pink, but between the flowers and the pink in the photo, I went with yellow.


I used thick smooth white cardstock for the background, and I coated it with clear gesso first.  Once that dried, I used a combo of yellow & orange ink pads from The Stamp Market (from May Color Kit).  I just pressed the ink pads to the paper, spritzed it with water and let it run and blend together to form this pretty golden yellow color.  I decided to add blue to the title, which I actually cut twice.  I love layering one on top of the other to create a shadow effect.  I did coat them with gesso first.  I used a combo of the Hydrangea Petals ink pad from the Color Kit as well as the Midnight Blue Nuvo Drops from the Main Kit.  I smudged the ink pad on the paper and watered it down a bit.  Then I just scraped on the Nuvo Drops, and I love how it turned out!


I glued the second cut file under it, which I left white.  I added adhesive foam behind it to pop it up off the page to create some dimension.  Once I had everything set, I arranged all the flowers around the page.


This photo makes me laugh...my daughter is obsessed with smudging my glasses.  Her face looks crazed...haha!  I did add some enamel dots and Simple Stories brads around the page in a few places.


Layering flowers and leaves is one of my favorite things.  It's so easy to create dimension with them because you can easily fold up the edges.


Here you can see the awesome dimension and shadowing from the popped up title.  Just that little extra layer of the second cut file makes such a big difference!  I also added a little camera die cut here at the bottom which I also popped up.


Here are even more close-ups :)




I did go through and add more stickers from the Simple Stories Sticker Book in a few places.








I hope this inspires you in some way...I really loved making it!  There are so many cool cut files for this month, so go check out those out HERE.

Here's my process video...



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a fabulous day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment