Saturday, May 23, 2020

Using Older Supplies / Hey Paige

Hey, friends!  I'm so excited to share a new layout I made just for fun :)  I pulled out some old My Mind's Eye collections to play with.  I have so much stash on my shelves because I'm a hoarder...haha.  Now that my channel is back, I want to get back into using some older supplies.  I used the Jubilee, Now & Then and Cut & Paste collections...mostly Jubilee.  Everything is from 2013-2014, and I have it all stored together.  I just pulled it all out and picked out some things that jumped out at me.

Right away I saw a color scheme I loved.  I chose a black & white patterned paper to use as a background.  I coated a lot of it with white gesso to blend out some of the pattern and give me some white space to work with.  I was in the mood to play with an older chevron stencil, so I pulled that out and smudged some gelatos over it.  I used my fingers to smudge the color along with a water brush.  This helped my background get started and helped me decide where I wanted everything to go.  I used the gelatos with some plastic packaging to add some watercolor splotches, so some of the chevrons were blended out.


I used lots of different kinds of things...die cuts, 3x4 cards, chipboard, plastic overlays, patterned papers, brads and even rub-ons.  I just chose items that were either pink, orange and aqua.  I also chose items with black and white.  I placed my photo on top of the mixed media area and then just started placing the pieces around it.  I thought the ice cream cones were cute, and they matched.  I fussy cut this hello cloud from a bigger die cut.  I used a few papers behind the photos as well as the edges of a plastic overlay.  My title stickers are from an older Bella Blvd sticker sheet.


At the bottom, I layered in several word and phrase stickers.  I was so pleasantly surprised that these rub-ons still worked all these years later!  I used the loopy loop one down here.  These hears are from a plastic overlay.  I just trimmed them out and placed them around the layout.


I love this pink scalloped chipboard piece.  I placed it under the photo.  The "hey" chipboard piece matched and it was the right size, so it worked down in the corner of the photo.  I found some tiny heart pieces that worked.  Here you can also see the machine stitching I did using black thread.  I stitched on the background before I added anything to it, and then I stitched under this sticker after I glued it down.



I found a few chipboard buttons in this collection, so I used those here on the left side of the photo.  I even used a few brads...woo hoo!  I had forgotten about brads...they're so fun!  I punched a few pink and aqua circles from some 6x6 patterned papers and placed those around the page as well.


I love all these textures and products mixed together!


I didn't mention earlier, but I also used some Shimmerz on the background.  I sprayed a few colors including Pink Stilettos, Sweetheart, Well Blue Me Down and Mango Tango.  The black splatters are Shimmerz Night Moves.


I created a small cluster on the top right area using stickers and punched circles.  I fussy cut "love" from a larger sticker.  I decided the sides of the layout needed something, so I used a black & white striped MME paper along the edges.


I popped up some of the circles to add some dimension.




I hope this inspires you in some way.  It felt so great to use up some older goodies that I've been saving (err...hoarding) for so long.  I encourage you to dig around and see what you've got and make it look new again.  This was so fun!

Here's the process video for this layout:



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you all have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment