Thursday, May 14, 2020

This is Summer / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back again today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I'm still digging in to the 2020 April Hip Kits, and I'm still loving them!  I used the beautiful exclusive lemon cut file for this page and incorporated it into a summer-themed page.  I love cut files like this because you have spots to back and spots to color.  I painted some of the lemons, backed some with patterned papers...and I also backed the leaves and painted the flowers.  Such a cool cut file!

I used thick smooth white cardstock as my base, and I coated it with clear gesso first.  I used a mix of a few blue Lindy's Gang sprays from previous Color Kits and added in a touch of the Lucky Art Philosophy Watercolor from this month's Color Kit to create the same aqua color in my photo.  I also used the dotted stencil from the Color Kit with some modeling paste to create some bumpy texture.  I used a mix of the Honey Art Philosophy Watercolor and a golden yellow Lindy's spray to color the lemons.  I used the Lucky again for the leaves. 


I just love this cut file!  I coated it with clear gesso before painting it.  This one here I backed with a Carta Bella paper.  I smudged some white acrylic paint on some of it using my finger to create some interest.  I painted the flowers using the Blush Art Philosophy Watercolor and a red gelato from my stash.  I fussy cut a few more lemons to add in.  Here you can also see the dimension from adding adhesive foam behind the lemons.


I backed this lemon with one of the Crate Paper papers and added several goodies on top here.  I mixed some of the Carta Bella chipboard pieces with some of the Crate Paper stickers.  I fussy cut those cute strawberries from a patterned paper.  I added a touch of the reddish pink color by tucking in some tangled thread.


For the leaves, I used a scrap piece of white cardstock.  I basically just painted it green using the Lucky color.  I used that to back the cut file here, and then I used a small brush to smudge some white acrylic paint to add in some light areas.  I love how that turned out!  I mixed and matched my title using some Crate Paper stickers with the large foam pink Thickers.




I added a few of the Carta Bella stickers down here at the bottom and above the title.  I used a Crate Paper label sticker for my journaling, which I popped up using adhesive foam.


I created a layered cluster to the right of the photo using a few cut apart Crate Paper pieces and some summer Carta Bella stickers.  I love this deep reddish pink color mixed with the yellow and aqua!  So pretty.


I added another Carta Bella sticker here...it's actually part of a bigger sticker, but I just cut the flower part off.  There are no rules saying that you must use stickers as they come...feel free to dismantle anything to use it like you want :)


Here are more photos of the up-close details :)




I hope this gets you in the summer spirit...it sure was fun to make!  I really adore these kits...they just keep giving me inspiring ideas each week.  I hope you are inspired to make something awesome :)

Here's my process video for this page:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Missy, please can you tell me what threads you use on your layouts. I love the delicacy of them.

    ReplyDelete