Sunday, May 3, 2020

Sunny / Pinkfresh Studio iNSD 2020

Happy Sunday, friends!  I hope you got to play along with all the amazing iNSD challenges yesterday...my entire FB feed was overflowing with inspiration from so many places!  Pinkfresh Studio had challenges going up over on the blog all day long, and I hosted one!

My challenge was to use a CUT FILE on a project.  You can find all the details HERE.  I used the newest FREE cut file (available HERE on FB along with many more).  This adorable scalloped rainbow was right up my alley.  I decided to cut it in half and run it off the page, giving the effect of having two rainbows.  I cut it on white cardstock and used the Liquid Watercolors to paint the inside pieces.  I embellished with pieces from the My Favorite Story collection.


I wanted to create a soft blended rainbow to match all the die cuts and stickers.  Once the watercolor was dry, I machine stitched using matching thread colors.  I used the Sky Blue color on my white background to mimic an abstract "sky".  I did use clear gesso on the cardstock first.  I used adhesive foam behind the rainbow to pop it up off the page.  I wound up just gluing the actual cut file to the page and leaving the scallops alone.


I added a bit of blue watercolor around the edges of the clouds and distressed the edges to give them some dimension.  Once the rainbows were settled, I knew exactly where my photos should go...right in the center.  I love cut files that give you clear spots for your pictures to go :)  I added some floral die cuts around them as well as some tangled thread.  I used a puffy word sticker as my short little title.  To make it stand out more, I first stuck it to some white cardstock and cut it out.


I used the plastic packaging technique on the background and then a brush to blend out some of the edges.  I always love the effect of using plastic...it spreads the color around in such a cool way.


I created clusters on the two clouds using floral and leaf die cuts, puffy stickers and chipboard stickers.  I also love bending up the edges of the flowers & leaves to create more depth.


I used a black fine tip Sharpie to write my journaling beneath the photos.
 

Here are a few more shots of all the pretty details :)




 I hope you'll play along with us...there are 12 challenges over on the blog, and you have until Saturday, May 9 to finish them.  Each challenge has its own prize...and they are AMAZING!!  You don't want to miss out. 

Here's the process video for this page:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon.  Have a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment