Thursday, March 12, 2020

You Capture Beauty / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I'm back today with my newest layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2020 February Hip Kits.  I challenged myself to not use any PINK on this page, and I am happy to report that I succeeded :D 

There are so many non-pink goodies in the kits this month, so I decided to use lots of blue, yellow and green bits and pieces.  I love making grid designs when I want to use a lot of little things, and it makes tone-on-tone easier.  I began by drawing a big cross on some textured white cardstock.  I applied clear gesso to all four quadrants.  I used mostly the Lindy's Magical Powders & Starburst Sprays from past Color Kits as well as a few Shimmerz from older kits.  I separated all the die cuts and stickers according to color and went to work creating little clusters.


I used the powders & sprays in each corner with a bit of water.  I used a brush to spread the color around.  Once that dried, I machine stitched with black thread along the lines to really make the four areas stand out.  I arranged my photos in the center and worked the embellishments around them.  Here in this corner I used lots of light blue pieces from Pinkfresh Studio's Noteworthy collection and a few pieces from Paige Evans' Bloom Street collection.  It's kind of like putting a puzzle together.  You just have to work all the different shapes around until you get them like you want them.


Yellow makes me happy!  I actually wound up having too many pieces of each color, so I still have products left over.  I kept wanting to turn to all the pink things, but I resisted...haha.


I love how the green section turned out event though I'm not a huge green fan all on its own.  I fussy cut a few large leaves from a Paige Evans paper and mixed in some of her Sticker book stickers with more of the Pinkfresh Studio die cuts and stickers.  Some of the pieces have dimensional foam under them to raise them up off the page.


I really love this darker blue color and I don't use it enough.  I did add some matching thread on each quadrant for added texture and just because I love it!


Here you can see the idea of the four sections.  I love this design because it helps limit what you can use.  I treated each square separately, and I only had so many things in each color to use.  If you're ever stuck for an idea, this is a great way to get started.





I decided to write my journaling on this little lined heart.  I didn't want to add a giant title...where would it go?  So I punched a small white circle and added a few stickers and some of the small gold Thickers.


I am really pleased with how this turned out!  I hope it inspires you to give the grid design a go.  And take it a step further and divide up the colors.  It was a lot of fun, and I'll definitely do this again.

Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check out the process video HERE.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment