Thursday, March 26, 2020

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy / Hip Kit Club

Hello from the depths of Quarantine!  I don't know what day this is, but the Whiddens are still hanging in there.  I hope you all are doing okay and staying healthy (and sane) in the midst of all this crazy chaos.

Hopefully this layout will brighten your day!  It's my latest page for Hip Kit Club using the 2020 March Hip Kits.  I am in love with all the beautiful Heidi Swapp goodies.  The warm yellows, oranges and coral/pink tones are gorgeous.  I decided to focus on those colors from one of her cut apart patterned papers.  I started by cutting it up and playing around with layering everything behind my photos.  I got my title from one of those pieces.  Once I figured out where I wanted my photos to go, I chose my background.  It's a striped patterned paper.  I also wanted to use a lot of the citrus pieces.


I mixed and matched my large title by using part of the cut apart paper, the Heidi Swapp coral alpha stickers and the black & white Thickers.  I arranged all the oranges & lemons around the title.  Most of these citrus pieces are transparent stickers, so I stuck them to white cardstock first and cut them out.  I popped most of them up with adhesive foam and added some machine stitching to give them a little shelf to sit on.


I applied a lot of white gesso to the background.  Since this is patterned paper, it's pretty thin and not strong enough to handle a lot of liquid.  The gesso preps the paper and allows for the liquid.  It also fades out some of the pattern.  I mixed the yellow and pink Nuvo Mousses from the Color Kit to create a pretty orange color.  I started with the packaging technique and also used a brush with some water to help spread the color around.  I mixed in some of the Lindy's Cocklebells Coral Magical Powder from an older kit to create a deeper pink color.  It turned in to a big mess (haha), but in the end it dried really pretty.  The paper did warp a bit, but that is to be expected from patterned paper.  I tucked in a few more Heidi Swapp stickers...some pretty flowers and stems.


Here are more layers behind the photo.  I fussy cut this floral cluster from the same patterned paper and tucked in some metallic gold leaf stickers as well as this cute sunshine die cut.  I'm obsessed with all of these Heidi pieces!


The large orange is a vellum die cut.  I put white cardstock behind it so it would stay its true color and not let the background change it.  For the "LEMON" part, I also stuck those letters to white cardstock and then cut them out.  I just love all this dimension!


I added the same things to the bottom photo.  I used a black fine tip Sharpie to write my journaling.


Here are a few more close-ups...


At the end, I added some splatters from some of the Lindy's Sprays from older kits.





 I hope you are finding some time to get creative during all of this madness.  I have days where I want to create and days where I just want to nap.  Hopefully this will brighten your week and give you some inspiration for your next project.

The process video for this is up over on the HKC channel HERE.

My personal channel is almost fixed!  There are still a few things being worked out, but my older videos are back up.  I am not going to upload anything new until everything is back to normal.  Hopefully that will happen soon!

Have a great day, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment