Friday, October 11, 2019

Yes / Paige Evans DT

Happy Friday, friends!  I'm here today with a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring Truly Grateful and the Horizon Washi Tape. I love trying my hand and mixing and matching collections and there are lots of darker pinks and blues that match the Washi Tape perfectly. I covered a sheet of white cardstock with Washi Tape strips and then cut Paige’s Flower Bunch Cut File using my Silhouette Cameo. I wanted to use this as a big background element mixed with some ink sprays. I used thick white cardstock as my background and I coated it with clear gesso first. I used lots of pink, blue, and green Shimmerz to create a fun and messy watercolor background.


I love all the different colors and patterns that the Washi Tape created on these flowers. I sprayed the colors down on the background, spritzed it with more water, and then used a brush to help spread the paint around. I wanted all the color to be visible beneath and around the flowers. I used matching patterned papers from Truly Grateful for the centers of the flowers. I also covered  a few of them with Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine. To make them look a little hazy and chalky, I smudged some white gesso over them and then added adhesive foam under them to pop them up off the page.


I embellished around my photo using the Truly Grateful Ephemera Die Cuts and Wooden Buttons. To add in pops of the dark blue, I used the small dots from the Epoxy Stickers.


I love the matte gold items in Truly Grateful and I used this big YES as my title from the Ephemera Die Cuts. I love how it shines in the light! I had some blank space on my photo, so I overlapped it to create a little more dimension. I finished it off by splattering some of the Gold Color Shine around the page.


More shiny gold goodness :)


I just love this picture of my daughter....she was so happy to be swinging!  Here you can see all the different layers and dimension.  Do you ever overlap die cuts on top of your photos?  This particular photo had some plain black space that created the perfect spot for an overlap.


More close-ups of all the details:


I added in a few of the Truly Grateful Puffy Phrase Stickers in a few places.




I hope this gives you some ideas to try on your next layout. Have you tried to mix and match any of Paige’s collections lately? You’d be surprised at how many items coordinate together. Be sure to check out my process video here for all the details!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment