Thursday, October 17, 2019

Hey Reese / Hip Kit Club

It's me again...another new layout to share for Hip Kit Club :)  I used the 2019 September Hip Kits, and this time I focused on the Dear Lizzy She's Magical Stamps.  I used one of the cute little rainbow stamps to create fun scalloped borders.  I used textured white cardstock and several colors of the Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays from previous Color Kits.  I simply sprayed some ink onto some plastic packaging, stuck the stamp to a stamping block, dipped the stamp into the color and pressed it onto the cardstock.  I love the messy splotchy look it created!


I love this messy effect of stamping with the Lindy's.  I made a few rows using different colors and then cut them out.  I wanted to layer them over each other and create a fun background design element.


I embellished around the photo with some of the Dear Lizzy frames and stickers as well as some of the Pretty little Studio die cuts.  I punched some holes in these sticker tags and added some cord from my stash.


I mixed and matched the title using some of the big white Thickers and some letters I fussy cut from a Pocket Life card.  It had the word "September" on it, so I was able to cut my daughter's name.  I kept going with the diagonal direction here and created a small cluster using a Truly Grateful die cut and more Dear Lizzy stickers.  I turned these rainbow stickers upside down to mimic the scallop borders.


I fussy cut this beautiful flower cluster from another Pocket Life card.  It matched perfectly!  I added in a few colors of tangled thread under it to continue to pull colors from above to this area of the page.


I added a branding strip from a Dear Lizzy paper above the scalloped borders.  I decided to add some texture, so I machine stitched along the top edge using matching threads.



I did add some of the Lindy's to my background.  I used thick white cardstock, and I coated a lot of it with clear gesso first.  I used a brush to add the blue and yellow here and some pink up top.  I used the same Lindy's sprays as I used to make the scallops.  They have all been included in past Color Kits.


A few more shots of the details...



I had lots of fun making this....the scallops were a nice surprise!  I hope it inspires you in some way.  The Hip Kits have so many fun possibilities.  I show how I did this entire layout in my process video, so check it out if you're interested:



Thanks so much for visiting me!  Have a lovely day :)


1 comment: