Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Sunshine Day Dreams / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club, and I just love it so much!  I used the 2019 September Hip Kits.  I could not wait to use that beautiful Dear Lizzy She's Magical rainbow paper from the Main Kit.  I wanted to make my own wonky rainbow out of it, so I cut out strips of each color.  I used some of the light blue cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background to enhance the sky effect.  The green strips were smaller on the patterned paper, so I cut two of them and glued them together.  The arc was definitely different and didn't stay in line, but I still love how this turned out!

I smudged a lot of white gesso down first behind where the rainbow is.  I used some of the blue Lindy's Magical Powders and some of the Starburst sprays to create some various blues behind the rainbow.  I used the Tweedle Dee Denim from the Color Kit as well as some from older kits.  I used some white acrylic paint with a foam blending tool to smudge down some fluffy clouds, and I also used the Heidi Swapp stencil from the Color Kit with some modeling paste to create the textured stars.


I love all this fun texture!  I did machine stitch through all the rainbow strips with matching thread.  You can see that my paper did warp slightly, but that's okay with me.  I think it just adds to the interest of the rainbow!  I used an old Martha Stewart butterfly punch to create some vellum butterflies, and I also hand cut some clouds from the vellum as well.


More fussy cutting here....I cut a few flowers from another Dear Lizzy paper and tucked in a few other die cuts.  I used a flower from the Pretty Little Studio die cuts and the green piece is from Paige Evans Truly Grateful.  I love when my photo allows me to overlap a piece on to of it like this!


Here's another fussy cut flower, a cute button and a Truly Grateful Puffy Sticker.  I also tucked in some darker blue thread for added texture.


I added in some of the Truly Grateful Puffy Phrase Stickers along some of the rainbow strips in coordinating colors.  I did add glue behind each letter since nothing really likes to stick to gesso :)


After I stitched down the rainbow strips, I decided to smudge some more clouds on top of it.  I love how dimensional it all looks!




I used this fun matching piece from one of the Truly Grateful 2x2 Paper Pads...that rainbow was meant to be!


I went big with the title and used the shiny white Thickers.  I love that they're white!  They echo the white clouds and keep everything soft and neutral.  I added in another Truly Grateful Puffy Phrase and a Dear Lizzy sticker.  This created the perfect space for my journaling.


Here are a few more detailed shots:






This is one of my favorite pages that I've made in a while...I just love how it turned out!  I hope you enjoyed it and that it gives you some ideas on how to use the rainbow paper.  You can watch my process video here to see how it all came together!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment