Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Together / Paige Evans DT

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm back with a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  I love when Paige uploads new cut files to the Silhouette Store, and as soon as I saw the Wildflowers design, I knew I had to use it right away :)  I cut it several times on various bright patterned papers from the Horizon collection.  I decided to create a landscape design and layered the flowers across the page in a horizontal fashion.


I absolutely love these bright colors!  I decided to add a sky and some grass using more patterned papers from Horizon.  I did add some mixed media to the background using some different blue and green Shimmerz.


I was actually inspired by the colors in this Epoxy Sticker.  I wanted to pull in lots of pink and orange, so I made sure to incorporate that in to the flowers.  I went light on the embellishments since the flowers were so bright and busy.  I layered a big pink Die Cut Ephemera here with the Epoxy Stickers and another Sticker below that.  I also had one floral Shaped Paper Clip left in my stash, so I added that to my photo.  I finished off this area with some tangled thread to add a bit more texture.


Here's a good look at the background.  I did smudge a lot of white gesso over the background areas behind the flowers.  I used some Shimmerz Vibez Jeni B Bleu and Vibez Deep Blue Sea here to add some darker variations to the sky.  I also fussy cut some butterflies from patterned paper to add here as well as a few butterfly stickers.  I machine stitched trails behind them for some fun detail.


I used several green Shimmerz here for the grass:  Coloringz Oh Say Can You Sea & Don't Citron Me and Vibez Velveteen Green & Elfin Magic.  I used some green thread to stitch a fun line beneath the flowers.


Since the green paper is so dark and bold, I used a white gelly roll pen to write my journaling.


Here are more close-ups of all the fun details.  I love how the ends of these flowers just pop off the page!  Amazing dimension without even trying :)



 I really loved putting this together...I hope it inspires you in some way.  Have you ever created a landscape design?  It's a lot of fun!  Be sure to check out my process video here for more details:



Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment