Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Good Times / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I'm here today with a new layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2019 May Hip Kits…woo hoo!  I was inspired by a recent Jen Schow layout where she scrapped a few photos from this year’s Creativation.  I decided to scrap one from last year.  That’s me, Hip Kit owner Kimberly and Lorilei Murphy, who was a past DT member.  I began with some of the Pinkini Cardstock and the dotted paper from Crate Paper.  I tore the cardstock and attached it to the patterned paper.  I covered a lot of it with white gesso and then used the stencil from the Color Kit with some modeling paste.  I used the Lindy’s Gang Alpine Ice Rose Magical Shaker from the Color Kit along with a few pink sprays from previous kits to add all the color.


I decided to add some of the Afternoon Delight Denim here at the bottom, mixed with a little bit of Shimmerz from an older kit.  I used lots of embellishments on the page, including a lot of Crate Paper Chipboard Stickers, Cardstock Stickers, & Clear Stickers as well as some Simple Stories stickers.


I was also inspired by another one of Jen Schow’s layouts where she used a lot of chipboard pieces on one layout.  She pieced them together like a puzzle, and I just loved that idea.  I did this here on a smaller scale with lots of different images and shapes.  I used one of the exclusive fabric bows here as well.


I love the texture from the stencil and modeling paste!  I did add extra glue to all the embellishments to make sure they stuck to all of that background goodness.  I also added black and yellow splatters once everything was glued down.


These have to be my favorite Thickers font of all time!  I mixed and matched upper and lower case letters, and I love how they all fit together perfectly.  I over lapped the torn cardstock over “Good”, and I love the dimension here.  I also added some fussy cut flowers & leaves from a Dear Lizzy patterned paper.



I love this fun color scheme.  It’s definitely different for me, but I love how it really enhances the colors in my photo.  And I also adore those peace sign hands!



Here are more of the fussy cut flowers from the Dear Lizzy peach paper.  They were really easy to cut out.


Do you use a lot of chipboard?  It is pretty thick, so I actually peeled a layer off of each of these pieces before gluing them down.


I went heavy on the journaling on this page, and the left side was perfect for it.  I left that side nice and clean and free of any mixed media or embellishments.


I hope this gives you some ideas to try on your next layout.  Have you ever tried using a bunch of embellishments like this?  It was a lot of fun to make!  I do have a process video here, so be sure to check it out!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment