Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Awesome Weekend / Hip Kit Club

Hey there, friends!  I'm here with a new layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the new 2019 June Hip Kits.  They are so bright and colorful, and I couldn’t resist making a summer page!  I love these photos of my daughter in her rainbow swimsuit, and they were perfect.  I started by cutting out some colorful hearts from a Vicki Boutin paper to use as embellishments.  I cut some strips from a few other papers to ground the design.  I loved how the teal, pink and red looked together.  I added in lots of embellishments in various rainbow colors.


I used a lot of the flowers from the Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidoscope Ephemera and Chipboard Sticker sheet here.  I kept everything close to the center strips.  I also used some of the Heidi Swapp Color Fresh Sticker Book stickers.  I fussy cut “weekend” from a Pocket Life card and use that as my title.


I used the Summer Lovin’ Sun Flat Magical Powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang on both sides of the center strips.  It’s a beautiful golden yellow color and added a great contrast against the darker colors.  The Color Kit also has a pink and a blue powder.  Here I also added in more of the Heidi Swapp stickers and wrote my journaling.


More hearts and stickers here. I also machine stitched along the lines of the center strips with white thread before adding embellishments.  I love the texture and detail that stitching adds.


I added some Pocket Life cards, white tissue paper and adhesive foam behind my photos and added more stickers around them.


I decided to add some pink splatters, so I used the Hottie Patottie Hot Pink Magical Powder from the Color Kit.  I just sprinkled some on a bit of plastic packaging, spritzed with water and used a brush to splatter.


This large flower cluster on the left is actually Vicki Boutin packaging!  I fussy cut it and used it.  It holds the Ephemera Die Cuts.

Here are a few more close-ups of all the fun details!




It was so fun to dig into the new June Kits!  I hope you've gotten yours by now if you ordered one.  I love how this page turned out!  I have a process video here if you'd like to check it out:




Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great week!


1 comment:

  1. lovin' the warmth and color of this layout... thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete