Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Beautiful / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club today :)  I used the 2019 February Hip Kits to create a soft floral page.  I began with one of this month's FREE Subscriber cut files.  I cut it on white cardstock and then I coated it with white gesso.  I wanted to add color to it, so I used the three Art Alchemy Opal Magic Paints from the Color Kit.  I sprayed some water down first and then dabbed on some paint and let it run and blend.  These paints are so cool because each color has a shimmer of another color in it!  I used some Carta Bella papers and embellishments as well.


The kits also have a lot of the Pinkfresh Studio Joyful Day collection.  My title is from one the PFS puffy sticker sheets.  I love the colors and pretty font.  Here you can see the soft colors of the opal paints.  I did lots of fussy cutting with some of the Carta Bella floral papers.


My pool photo matched the teal paint so perfectly, so I had to use it!  I added a few sentiment stickers here on the right side.  The pink one is from Crate Paper, and the others are from Pinkfresh Studio.


I created lots of dimension by adding some adhesive foam under my photo.  I love the depth and shadowing here.  Layers are fun to create because they really do make your page pop!


These Carta Bella flowers are so pretty!  I couldn't resist fussy cutting them out to layer around the photo.  I tucked in some yellow thread for an extra pop of color and texture.  I added in a few Pinkfresh stickers here as well.


I created a cluster in the upper right corner of the cut file using more of the Carta Bella flowers as well as a CB die cut and Chipboard Sticker.  The "enjoy today" stickers is from Pinkfresh Studio.


I used another Carta Bella paper as the background.  I coated a lot of it with white gesso to blend out some of the stripes.  I used the same Opal Magic Paints to create some color behind the cut file.  I also pulled in some Shimmerz Paints from previous Color Kits.  I like the way the background color pops through the holes in the cut file.


Here are a few more shots of the details :)



I really enjoyed making this...I hope it gives you some fun ideas to try on your next layout.  Let me know if you try out those Opal Magic Paints!

Check out my video here for lots more details and seeing the paints in action:



Thanks so much for stopping by!  See you again soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment