Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Mom Life / Paige Evans DT

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I have a new layout up today for the Paige Evans Design Team.  I mixed and matched bits and pieces from all five of Paige’s collections (Fancy FreeTake Me AwayOh My HeartTurn the PagePick-Me-Up) for this layout! I wanted to create some sort of rainbow on my layout, so I cut several of Paige’s Scalloped Border Background cut file from white cardstock using a Silhouette Cameo. I sorted through all the papers from all collections and pulled out lots of colors. Most of the papers came from the Fancy Free 12x12 Paper Pad, the Oh My Heart 12x12 Paper Pad and 6x6 Paper Pad, the Turn the Page 6x6 Paper Pad, Take Me Away 6x6 Paper Pad, and the Pick-Me-Up 6x6 Paper Pad. I cut scalloped pieces from the patterned papers and glued them on top of the scallops.


I added lots of ink sprays to the white cardstock background and then arranged the scalloped borders in rainbow order in layers above and below the photos. I machine stitched through each border using coordinating thread colors. I wanted the scallops to be imperfect and kind of wonky, so I was okay with them being a little crooked. I fussy cut some butterflies from the Turn the Page 6x6 Paper Pad and tucked them in coordinating rows. I also used lots of stickers from the 30-page Paige Evans #StickerBook.


I mixed and matched the title, which I adhered right on top of the photos. I used “mom life” from the 30-page #StickerBook. I combined the Pick-Me-Up Mini Thickers and Chipboard Thickers to complete the title.


I layered in several pieces on both sides of the photos including tangled thread along with more stickers and fussy cut butterflies. I added foam adhesive behind my photos to make them more dimensional.


I love using black & white photos when I'm planning on using lots of color on the layout.  It just makes the photos pop and it makes the colors pop.  If the background is really colorful like this, sometimes multi-colored photos can get lost and it becomes overly busy.  This is a great way to keep the focus on the photos amidst all the color chaos :)


It was fun sorting through all the collections to find all the red tones and so on with all the colors.  I can't believe I had thread in all the matching colors!


Here's one more close-up just because the scallops turned out so bright and pretty :)


I hope this gives you some ideas on how to mix and match collections. It was fun to pick and choose all these fun colors to work with!  Be sure to check out my process video here if you'd like to see how this all came together :)



Thanks for stopping in and have a great week!

2 comments: