Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Chillin' / Using Older Supplies ft. MakePaperArt

Hey, friends!  I'm back today to share a new layout I created featuring a fun cut file from MakePaperArt.  This is a fun Etsy store owned by the sweet Amanda, and she sent me a few cut files to play with.  Thanks, Amanda!  This one is Lots of Dots cut file, and I arranged the circles in different sizes.  I pulled out the Pink Paislee Summer Lights collection from last year and made a fun Summer layout.

I cut all the circles first and then coated the cardstock with clear gesso.  I backed all the circles with papers from the 6x6 Paper Pad and then began adding color to the background.  I used mostly Distress Oxides in a few shades of blue, pink and yellow.  I also added in some Shimmerz Inklingz in Plum Crazy for some purple hints.  Once that all dried, I machine stitched through the circles using matching threads.


I used lots of Summer Lights embellishments including this adorable chipboard mermaid.  I layered her under and over the photo.  I also fussy cut a few pieces from a 6x6 paper.  That orange color is so pretty!


I layered a die cut frame under the photo as well as some tissue paper and adhesive foam.  I enhanced the purple here by adding in some tangled thread.  I love how all the colors are showing through all the fun circles.


I wanted a bit of color coming out from behind the photo, so I used my ink foam blending tool with the Distress Oxides to smudge the color down.  Then I used a brush and a bit of water to smudge and blend it around.


I fussy cut these hearts from patterned paper.


I created the title using some of the Summer Lights die cuts and wrote my journaling under it.  I created a little cluster down at the bottom using some stickers and a chipboard piece.  I added some purple by adding some tangled thread.


I love all these soft colors with the hot pink mixed in!  So pretty.  My cardstock did warp slightly, but not enough to make a big difference.


Here's the last close-up.  I love these pinks up against the blue ink on the background.


I hope this inspires you to check out Amanda's awesome cut files!  This was lots of fun to make.  I do have a process video here, so check it out if you have time :)



Thanks for stopping in, and I'll see you soon!  Have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment