Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Hey Kitty / Bramble Fox Guest Designer

Hello again, friends!  I'm back today with my second layout as the April Guest Designer for Bramble Fox.  The sweet gals over there were kind enough to send me several packages of their awesome acrylic shapes and phrases to play with.  I incorporated three pieces on this page.  I pulled out some older Dear Lizzy Neopolitan papers and stickers to create this, and I used Paige Evans' Back This Font cut file.

I used a floral patterned paper from the collection for my background.  To fade out a lot of the pattern, I covered a lot of the paper with white gesso.  This gave me some white space to play with and it makes everything stand out and not get lost in the background.  I used some Shimmerz Creameez on the background...Piggy Pink, Just Peachie & Good Ol' Summer Time.  I also used some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Butter.  I added some Shimmeringz in Concrete at the end to pull out some of the grey tones.


I enlarged the letters to make a big title and backed all the letters with bits of patterned paper.  I love the colors in this collection...so soft and pretty!  I also added some adhesive foam under them to raise them off the page.  I used the light pink open border piece here at the bottom.  I think it looks really cute under the title.  I added a few stickers on top of it and wrote my journaling under it.


This piece was perfect in the spot between the title words.  These acrylic pieces are very versatile because you can color them if you want.  You could color them with a Sharpie or add some gesso and then paint them.


This spot was perfect for this cute little cloud.  I added some patterned papers behind my photo and then tucked in a few flower stickers and fussy cut leaves.


This is why I like to add foam behind things...it creates a fun shadow effect and just makes the whole layout seem a bit more 3D.


I fussy cut this flower cluster to add in over here.  I like the pop of color in this area.


I also fussy cut this flower cluster and used a few more flower stickers under it.  I also added some grey thread around the photo.


Here's one more close-up just because :)


I hope this inspires you in some way!  Be sure to check out Bramble Fox for some really adorable scrapbooking and crafting goodies!  One more thing...here's my process video if you'd like to watch how this page came together.



Thank you so much for stopping by, and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment