Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Sun Sand Sea / Paige Evans Design Team

Hello again, friends :)  I'm back today to share my newest layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  Our theme this week is VACATION, which is perfect since I have lots of vacation photos to scrap!  This is a photo of the beautiful water in Aruba.  We spent five days there last July and it was awesome!  I decided to go all bright and sunny for this page and used products from Oh My Heart and Fancy Free.

I started with a sunburst stencil from my stash and white cardstock.  I sprayed yellow and golden yellow ink sprays over the stencil to create the sun rays.  I used blue acrylic paint next to create some "water" on the background.  I smudged it on with a palette knife and then used a few blue and aqua ink sprays over that to add a little variation in color.  Once that all dried, I machine stitched on each edge of the sun rays to make them stand out a little more and add some texture.  I hand cut all the letters from patterned papers and made the big title part of the background design.


I didn't want to use my Cameo to cut these letters, so I just went for it and started cutting.  I didn't want them to be perfect, and they sure aren't.  I love the contrast of these colors against the background.  I decided to add some flower elements, so I used some Fancy Free Chipboard here.  I fussy cut a flower and leaves from Oh My Heart Paper 06 and layered them in.  I also machine stitched through each word.


All of the letters in "Sea" were cut from the Fancy Free 6x6 Paper Pad.  I layered in a flower behind the photo from the Oh My Heart Ephemera Die Cut pack and then a few stickers from the Chipboard Stickers sheet.


Here you can see all the awesome dimension around the photo.  Most of that is achieved by using adhesive foam under it.  I really didn't want to over-embellish this page since the letters and background stood out so much.  I didn't want it to get too busy.


For the left side of the photo, I added another die cut flower, more thread and two little fussy cut flowers from Paper 06 again.  I also added a multi-colored chipboard frame under the photo.  That's from Oh My Heart as well.


And one more close-up just because of all those gorgeous colors! :)


I hope this gets you in a beachy mood :)  Summer pages are my favorite mostly because they include all my favorite colors.  I hope you're inspired in some way.  I do have a process video if you'd like to see how I put this all together.


Thanks so much for stopping in, and have a wonderful day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment