Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Love My Girl / Hip Kit Club

Hello again :)  I'm back today to share a new layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2017 April Hip Kits.  Last week I participated in our sketch challenge.  Three other DT members and I used this lovely sketch by Irit as inspiration.  You can always play along with our sketch challenges every week over on our forum!


I like this sketch because it inspired me to use a lot of patterned paper as a starting point.  I wanted to go bold and bright, so I paired some Crate Paper, Dear Lizzy and Paige Evans papers for the vertical design.  I love the aqua, pinks and black & white mix.  Once I had those papers down, I added the circle element by machine stitching with black thread.  I only used one photo and used papers and embellishments in place of the second one.  I used some of the Vicki Boutin Art Crayons from the Color Kit to add color smudges around the circle.  I also added in a few blue areas using blue gelatos from my stash as well as some spray inks.

I used a few Project Life cards, some of the Vicki Boutin stickers, some Pinkfresh Studio acetate die cuts & alpha stickers, and a Paige Evans chipboard piece as embellishments.


I love these alphas!  I like how they bring out the black from the photo.  I fussy cut "HAPPY" from one of the Project Life cards and decided to make it vertical.  All those layers and colors are so fun and bright!  I used the yellow art crayon on that yellow piece.  It's a white sticker from the Vicki Boutin pack, but I needed a pop of yellow there, so I colored it.  The "memories" arrow is from the same sticker pack, but I left that one as is.


I love the dimension created here.  I decided to keep going with the vertical sub-titles, so I tucked the Paige Evans chipboard piece under the photo.  I love how the oval shape contrasts with all the straight edges.


I colored the "wonderful" sticker with the yellow crayon and left the sticker above it white.  Those Vicki Boutin stickers are so fun and versatile.  The art crayons smudge and color them very well.  My journaling fit nicely under that area.


Here's another shot of the dimension.  I did add some adhesive foam under that whole thing, which created lots of shadowing.  I also added some matching tangled thread.


I love this photo...my sweet girl is growing up too fast!  She was going through that teeth transition period where her big top teeth had just grown in.  She already looks so different now!  I added a fun teal leatherette sticker from Pinkfresh Studio to the left of the photo.


Here's one more shot of the bottom area.


I really like how this turned out.  Sketches are awesome for sparking inspiration!  I highly recommend using them if you need some jump start ideas.

I do have a video if you'd like to watch it.


Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


1 comment: