Saturday, November 28, 2015

Together / The Cut Shoppe

Hey there, friends!  Today I'm sharing my latest layout for The Cut Shoppe.  I have an obsession with background cut files, and I couldn't wait to use this At An Angle cut file!


I shrunk the 8.5x11 cut file down to a smaller size and cut it on white cardstock.  I used papers from the Simple Stories I Am collection to back the cut file and then adhered it to the background paper.  I used white gesso over a lot of the area of the cut file and the background and then came in with ink sprays and gelatos to create a watercolor look.  I do this a lot, don't I?  Haha....I can't help it...I love it!


Here's a closer look at the cut file...it's such a unique and fun shape, and it's perfect for backing with patterned papers.  I used gold thread to stitch through each row, and I stitched black around the edges of the entire cut file.  I also added a bit of grey & white striped washi tape.


I used a few patterned papers behind my photo and then layered a flair button and few stickers and die cuts here.  I love the look of the gelatos and spray inks here...it creates such a great texture and color.


I fussy cut those pretty flowers from patterned paper.  I pulled in this Thicker from the Dear Lizzy Documentary collection.  I love how it curves perfectly over that "enjoy the ride" banner die cut.


Here's another angle of the title area and below the photo.  I love adding little details to my pages :)


And one more close up here...I added a little chipboard circle heart, a die cut tab and a fun sticker to the top of the photo.


Here's my process video for this page if you're interested in watching it come together from start to finish.  I hope it inspires you in some way :)



Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget about the HUGE BLACK FRIDAY SALE going on NOW in the Shoppe!



No comments:

Post a Comment