Friday, November 27, 2015

Merry Memories / Hip Kit Club

Happy Friday, friends!  I've been so busy I forgot to share my Hip Kit Club layout from last week with you!  I used the 2015 November Hip Kits for this, and what makes these kits so special is the EXCLUSIVE papers and embellishments.  You can't get them anywhere else!

I used some of the exclusive cut files as well on this (by Nicole Nowosad).  I cut those cute little trees using different papers and layered them at an angle on the light kraft cardstock.  I always love adding mixed media to my pages (big shock, right?!) so I spread some white gesso first and then used a little bit of modeling paste through the exclusive stencil to create those little circles.  Next, I used some spray inks and gelatos to add in the teal watercolor look.


I really love these non-traditional colors for a Christmas layout...especially the pinks and teals.  I used some of the Pinkfresh Studio puffy stickers here as well as some of the exclusive acrylic shapes included in the kit.  I used some of the cut files to create my title, and I made it large to stretch across the layout.


I love adding touches of gold to my pages, and so I layered a bit of gold thread under my photos.  There is also some white tissue paper layered under there.


This 25 is also one of the cut files.  I have to say, these exclusive Hip Kit papers cut VERY smoothly on the Cameo.  I had absolutely NO tearing or ripping at all.  And I highly recommend sewing on your layouts...it really does add an extra element of detail as well as awesome texture and interest.  Those cute gold glitter stars are in the kits...they are from Maggie Holmes.


One last close up of this Basic Grey tag...I simply layered it behind my photos for an extra gold touch :)


Here's my process video for this layout...I hope you enjoy and get some ideas from it!


Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Ah this is so cute! I love love love those Christmas trees! I wish I had the patience to add stitching to my layouts. I agree that it really does add some extra oomph!

    ReplyDelete