Friday, November 6, 2015

My Scraps Pinspirational Crop + a layout

Happy Friday...yay!  Today begins the annual My Scraps & More Pinspriational Online Crop!  Join us over on our boards for 18 awesome challenges inspired by Pins on Pinterest!  You DO NOT have to actually have a Pinterest account to participate.  The Design Team has chosen specific pins for you and the challenges are based on those.  So go check it out and have loads of fun!


I'd also like to share a layout with you since I'm here :)  I created this layout for a Mix it Up Monday challenge recently.  The challenge was to use an ampersand, some gold and a butterfly.  I used up lots of my Crate Paper goodies on this...pieces I've been hoarding for quite a while.  I used Notes & Things and Open Book mostly.  The ampersand cut file is from The Cut Shoppe.

This layout does have some mixed media work on the background.  I wanted it to be subtle and show through the background cut file.  I did lots of layering on top if it using patterned paper and lots of die cuts.


I just had to use these gold glitter Thickers...I don't use them enough, and they're gorgeous!  I love how they look mixed in with all the Crate Paper pieces.


I love these pinks, light browns, teals and golds together...such a soft and pretty color palette.  It's fun to go through all of the die cuts and piece them all together.


I added some white and gold tangled thread under my photos and layers.  I love how the die cut background looks with the patterned paper....it creates such a fun design element.


Here's one more close up of the bottom.  I did my journaling with a gold pen....it just seemed like the right thing to do :D  And don't forget the gold Color Shine...my favorite!


Thanks so much for stopping by today...I hope to see you over on the boards!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment