Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Yay for Books! / Tutorial for Citrus Twist Kits

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I have another layout to share today as part of my Guest Design spot over at Citrus Twist Kits this month.  I was asked to create a tutorial for one of my pages, and so I decided to show you how I incorporated some of the sticker packaging into my layout.  I used the beautiful 2015 July Main Kit for this layout, and the sticker packaging came from the Webster's Pages sticker sheet.  I used minimal patterned papers for this, and I did add in a piece of vellum from my stash.

Here's the layout and some close-ups...the tutorial follows.



I decided to bring some bright blue into the mix to accent those cute Freckled Fawn glitter stars.  I used some Distress Ink and a brush to create the watercolor effect in the background.  I added a few pop dots to the YAY! sticker to make it stand out a little more.


I love making banners!  I used my triangle punch to create these pieces and then stitched them down.  I also love journaling right on the background.  I added in a date stamp and a sentiment stamp from my stash.


Here's a look at the layers behind the photo.  I added in one of the exclusive wood veneer pieces and another glitter star.


And one more close-up of the bottom area.  I love the exclusive pieces in these kits...especially the light blue resin pieces!


This was really easy to do.  I just picked the part of the sticker sheet I wanted to use.  


 I cut it and tested it around my cardstock to see where I might want to p]ace it. 


I peeled the piece off, leaving the actual stickers on the sheet.


Next, I placed it where I wanted it, which was peeking out from behind the patterned paper and the photos.


Lastly, I came in with some Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink.  I just dabbed the ink pad onto my mat, spritzed it with water and used a brush to "watercolor" it onto the page.


I hope this inspires you to think outside the box and use something you wouldn't normally use on a layout.  You can see how using the sticker packaging just gives a little extra detail to the background here.  And I love those little details on a layout!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!  Be sure to check out Citrus Twist Kits....there is a TON of awesome inspiration over there!

2 comments:

  1. Ack!! This is awesome!!! I just LOVE the colors and vellum. And duuuuude that sticker sheet...thud!! It's genius!!! Loooove!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Missy! This layout is stunning! I love the mix of Yellow with the Teal in the background!

    ReplyDelete