Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sweet Summer / A Flair For Buttons

Hello again!  I'm back today with another layout to share.  This was the second layout I created for the Product Swap earlier this month between A Flair For Buttons and Simple Stories.  We worked with the Summer Vibes collection and these gorgeous exclusive flair buttons!  They are just so dreamy...I can't get enough of the yummy colors.  You can buy them HERE!


I really love the blues mixed with these pretty pinks, yellows and oranges.  My first layout was a mixed media-type page, so I wanted this one to be pretty clean.  I used my triangle punch to make lots of banner pieces out of different patterned papers and then stitched them down.  I pulled several of the die cuts of the drinks and ice cream and fussy cut the lemonade jar from a cut apart sheet.  I cut the scribbly circle behind the picture on my Cameo on white cardstock and used gelatos to give it some color.


I love this camera flair button...you can never go wrong with a camera!  And that red orange color is just beautiful.  I added a bit of vellum behind the photo and some tangled thread under the button.


These adorable die cuts made this design come together pretty easily.  I just spread them out, layering them for depth.  I added pop dots behind the lemonade jar and the camera.


I combined the sticker sheet alphas with part of one of the transparent frames.  I just cut out the word "Summer" and used a tiny bit of glue to adhere it.  I used another of the flair buttons with more tangled thread.  This grid paper made my journaling easy to get straight :)


One more close up...the simple and fun banner.  You could do this same thing if you have a circle punch.  Just punch the circle and then fold it in half.  Create the same banner across the page with the half circles!  Same idea, different look.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the A Flair For Buttons shop...there are SOOOO many awesome flair buttons available!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this!!!!!! I agree - those summer colors together are amazing!!! LOVE!! And the layout...I just love the banners!!! Love the layers!!! Love the splatters! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet Missy! I love the super cute banners and the way you clustered the embellishments by your photo!

    ReplyDelete