Thursday, July 16, 2015

Always the Life of the Party / My Scraps & More

Happy Thursday!  I have a My Scraps & More Throwback Thursday layout to share with you today.  Last Thurday's challenge was to use papers and embellishments at least two years old and create a banner out of patterned paper.  I went a little banner crazy (haha) and made a lot of them.  I pulled out the Studio Calico Lemon Lush collection and my triangle punch and made some fun and colorful banners.  I stitched them down and that was it.  I went very light on the embellishing since the background had so much going on.

I used a few of the cards from this collection, a cute paperclip and the star die cut.  The title is a mix of Thickers and older alphas from my stash.  I love how it all turned out!


I did add a bit of tangled thread to add a pop of that bright blue and a bit of washi tape.  I didn't even do any mixed media on this page...shocker! :D


Here's a close-up of the layers and part of the title.  I decided to use a black & white photo because I'd never find a photo that coordinated with all those colors!  This way I could also use black as a prominent color in the title.


Here's one more look at the banners.  I flipped up the ends a bit to give them a more life-like look and then splattered some black Color Shine.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great day, and be sure to check out the My Scraps Store...Audrey has so many new collections in!

And don't forget to check out our Facebook Member Group...tons of activity going on over there!

2 comments:

  1. Loooooooove!!!!!! Those banners are so amazing!!!!! And the photo is still the focus, you're magic! Ha!! The stitching is awesome and LOVE the mix of letters for the title! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun design Missy! I love that you filled the background with the banners and kept your embellishments on the simple side!!

    ReplyDelete