Friday, November 28, 2014

Being Strong is My Super Power / The Cut Shoppe

Hey there, friends!  It's Black Friday...have you been out shopping all night?  Or did you stay home and relax?  I stayed home and did some online shopping...I can't deal with those crazy crowds! :D

I have a fun layout to share today for The Cut Shoppe.  This was up on the blog Wednesday, and I'm excited to share it here.

I was so excited when I saw the awesome Hero Up cut file in the shoppe!  I teach Body Pump at the YMCA, and last year I dressed as Superman :)  I've been waiting for the right time to scrap these photos, and this cut file totally inspired me!  The interesting thing about these photos...the colors really intimidated me.  I think primary colors are difficult to scrap, and out of all the collections sitting on my shelves, NONE really coordinated.

So what did I do?  I grabbed white cardstock, washi tapes and inks and created my design from scratch.  I used no patterned paper at all.  I cut the files on white cardstock and used gelatos to ink the edges.  I made a simple and messy background with some plastic packaging and bright Dylusions inks.  I added the tape, some rub-ons and some stictching, and that was it!


Here's a clost up of the Wham cut...I just love it!  My Cameo blade was starting to get dull here, so some of the tiny edges did crumple.  I did get a new blade since this, so hopefully it will be a while before that happens again :)  I used pop dots to raise it up so I could layer thread under it.


Another of the cut files...I just love the POW and the fun title!  I changed it to "Being Strong" since it fit my photos better.  Love the versatility of these files to make them your own!


Here's the actual cut file...lots of fun possibilities!


Thanks for stopping by, and I hope all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving have a wonderful day tomorrow!


6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh this sooo super rocks!!! LOVE how fun it is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you created this layout, without using any patterned paper Missy! You added so much color and it looks awesome with the way you used the cut files!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun layout!! Can't believe it's you in the photo, ROFL!!!! Just awesome girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun layout! I love BodyPump class too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome Missy! So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete