Friday, March 21, 2014

My Scraps Sketch #73

Happy Friday, everyone!  I'm so happy that the weekend is practically here...what a busy week!  The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here in Florida this week...Spring is definitely here.  It seems that we only get Spring for a just a short bit, and then it turns to Summer really fast.  No complaints here...I wouldn't want to live anywhere else :)

Today, Sketch #73 is up on the My Scraps and More Sketch Blog.  I used some of the new Daydreamer line from American Crafts.  You can create almost any kind of page with this collection...it's very versatile.  I just had to scrap this hilarious photo of my little goosie pitching herself a little fit down by the pool a few summers ago.  Good grief...she was having a meltdown...as you can tell from the raised hands and the WAAAAAA look on her face...haha!  It's crazy how someone so little can have such a big temper tantrum!

I love this black & white striped paper.  I used some gesso to fade some of the lines in different places.  The bottom right already had some bluish watercolor look to it, so I added more around the other parts of the circle.


I created lot of layers on this page...here in the corner I used a wooden piece that I inked black.  I used the negatives of the Here We Go sticker.  I popped out the stickers and cut around the black part.  I added in some tangled thread and some stamps & washi tape.


I love mixing up  my fonts for my titles.  I pulled out my label maker...talk about a blast from the past!  I also used some white Thickers and some cardstock cut with my Cameo.


More layers of patterned paper, tape, thread and pop dotted stickers.


Here's the sketch.  Make sure you check out the blog HERE to see what the rest of the team came up with.  I hope you play along with us!


Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Missy!! Love the fun mix of AC and that photo is so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That photo! Just wait until she's a teen and sees that layout. It'll just get better.;)
    Great take on the sketch. Love the colours and typography!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. I love all the layers and embellishments. I really love how your used the negative space from a sticker. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Seriously awesome Missy!! You have such a fun style!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous page! Awesome background, and I love all the fun elements on here!

    ReplyDelete