Sunday, March 30, 2014

Creative Scrappers #265

Hey, friends and fellow scrappers!  The Sundays just keep on coming, and it's already time for another awesome Creative Scrappers reveal!  If you like to scrap with a grid design, then this sketch is perfect for you.  Check it out!


I was nervous about this sketch at first...I admit.  I usually don't cover the entire page when I scrap.  Once I decided on the photo and collection of papers, it just sort of started to flow.  It's crazy that something I feared would take me forever wound up being a really quick layout.  I didn't do any masking or misting...just lots of measuring and cutting.  Once I had all my papers where I wanted them, I added all the tid bits in.  I used the Memories Captured collection from Fancy Pants.


I love adding and tucking little pieces in here and there.  These banner pieces are really fun to play with.  Some are stickers and some are chipboard.  As always, I'm addicted to adding in tangled thread :)


Flair pins...how amazing are they?  They can go pretty much anywhere...even over thread.


I added in this cute wooden veneer frame on top of paper, a tag and yes...more thread :)


I definitely encourage you to give this sketch a whirl, even if it's out of your comfort zone.  Sometimes you're best and most favorite pages come from a confusing and reluctant starting point...if that makes any sense.  I know some of my favorite layouts started out as my most hated.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Make sure you check out the BLOG for the rest of the design team's pages...and link up to win the prize!

1 comment:

  1. Love this Missy!! The FP collection looks awesome with the sketch design!

    ReplyDelete