Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Altered Wooden Letter & Frame

I made these two items for a friend's baby shower gift, and I wanted to share them with you. About a year ago, I decorated an R and a P for my daughters' bedroom doors. My friend is having a little girl, to be named Charlotte, so I thought I'd make her a C for her door :) Her nursery theme is ladybugs, so I knew the direction I wanted to go in. I used my Cricut to cut the ladybug & words, and I embossed the black paper with my Cuttlebug. I used several sized punches for the circles, and then added lots of buttons, rhinestones, ribbon, floss & flowers!




I also made her a picture frame. I painted it red and then added the black dots. Again, I used my Cricut to cut the cute little ladybug at the top, and then added buttons, floss, a ribbon border, rhinestones & some Puffies!

I also painted the wooden letters for her name. I stamped on the pink letters with a dot patterned stamp...love that effect!


Here are the R & P I made a few years ago...they look so cute on their bedroom doors!



I hope she liked these...I wanted to keep them for myself :) Thanks for stopping by! I'll have more to show you in a few days with the ScrapFIT reveal coming up!

2 comments: