Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Painting a Background

I finished a layout of Paige playing with her Christmas toys from last year. I've been inspired by rainbows lately, and I decided to create a bright rainbow background for this page. The rainbow stacker toy made the decision for me...instant rainbow background! I love how the bold colors really pop off the black paper. I just dripped some craft paint on the paper and smudged it with my finger. So easy!

I punched 2-inch circles and painted them to match, added some stitching and some punched butterflies, and that's it! Quick & simple.


Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. I really love this layout! Such a contrast with the black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous......love the bright bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! The paint is awesome! Did I mention I LOVE this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Great Layout!! Awesome Technique!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I love the colors on the black background - FABULOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete