Monday, August 29, 2016

Stretch Your Sketch #4 with Ashley Horton / Cat Conversations

 Hello, and Happy Monday!  Today is the fourth and final installment of Stretch Your Sketch, the fun YouTube series I am doing with Ashley Horton.  This week we are altering the sketch, so that pretty much means you can take whatever you want from the sketch and sort of make it your own.


Here's the sketch.  I decided to use one longer photo and I went with big open hearts instead of circles. 


I used the new Crate Paper Cute Girl collection, a few flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons, and some alphas from Prima & October Afternoon.  I used colors from the Cute Girl papers as inspiration to paint my own hearts on white cardstock.  I cut them on my Cameo in different sizes and arranged them on the background.  I used those same Shimmerz colors and created a big watercolor area behind everything.  My favorite part of this is the stitching on the hearts...I love how it turned out!


I couldn't resist using this adorable cat cut file.  I love the contrast of the pink with the teal and yellow.  I painted all the hearts right on my Cameo cutting mat before peeling them off.  I added a clear acetate die cut to the right of the photo and some tangled thread.


More beautiful colors...I never get tired of these colors!  I added a flair button and a CP puffy sticker.  It's fun to add them right onto the photo when there is some white space on the edges.


Although this isn't a "sunny" layout, I just loved how those cute clouds looked!  And naturally it called for a sunny flair button :)  It was tricky sewing around these hearts...especially the smaller pink one.  You can see where I got a little messy...haha :)


I'm happy with how the title area turned out.  I decided to bring in more of the grey tones from the photo, so I mixed and matched some alphas here.  I also used a cute pink cat die cut and I fussy cut the teal one.  I added a strip of grey striped washi tape as well, which gave me a great space to write my journaling.


This has been such a fun series with Ashley!  I hope you guys have had a great time playing around with the sketch & cut files.  You can see both our videos on our YouTube channels.  Here's mine for a quick look:


And you can see Ashley's video HERE.   You can download the sketch and FREE cut files HERE. Than you so much for playing along with us, and thanks for checking out my blog!  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment