Friday, August 26, 2016

Adventure Today / Hip Kit Club

It's Friday!  Woo hoo!  Today I'm sharing another layout I created for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2016 August Hip Kits, and they are just so fun!  My theme assignment for this was to "supersize" it.  I wanted to cut the large letters in various patterned papers on my Cameo, but it got a virus and I couldn't get it to work for a few days.  So I used some large old letters from my MME stash and traced them like stencils.  I ran them off the page and created a big background title for the design.  Since that was so big and took up the entire page, I went with two smaller photos on both sides of the page.

I alternated using patterned papers in some letters and using the Prima Oil Pastels from the Color Kit to create color shading in the other ones. I machine stitched around each painted letter and then embellished all around the layout.


This was a very different color scheme for me, but I love how it looks.  I really loved using those pastels to create the shading in the letters.  It just took a little bit of color and a little bit of water to blend it.  I used one of the Dear Lizzy Thicker words as a smaller part of the title.  I also used a fussy cut scalloped piece that was black, but I lightened it up using the white pastel.


I used a few die cuts & Project Life cards to layer behind my photo here, and I layered some of the Amy Tangerine Oh Happy Life clear stickers and die cuts.  That cute wood veneer arrow is from the Pink Paislee Take Me Away collection. I finished this area off with some grey tangled thread.


I'm obsessed with how this looks!  The grey pastel looks so good blended with water!  Here I added another heart die cut, more clear stickers and a fussy cut doilie.  I think the machine stitching really gave the letters a nice pop and clean edge.


I'm so happy I decided to mix and match with the patterned papers.  Everything coordinates yet each letter is different.


Here's one more close up of the top area.  I added more clear stickers and another Pink Paislee wood veneer.


Here's my process video for this page.  I think it turned out well considering I improvised without being able to use my Cameo.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for visiting me today....enjoy your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment