Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Captured / Shimmerz Education Team + NEW colors!

Hey friends!  I'm back again, and I have a layout for Shimmerz to share using the four NEW colors!  If you haven't heard, there are two new VIBEZ and two new SHIMMERZ PAINTS in the store.  They are all in the blue family, and they are all gorgeous!  They are Vibez Cold As Ice, Vibez Snow Way Man, Shimmerz Colder Than Ice & Shimmerz Winter's Mist.  All the blue you see in my layout are these four colors.

I began this layout with plain white cardstock and some white cut files.  I used a fun cut file from The Cut Shoppe (the big loops) and colored them using the new sprays and paints before I even pulled them off my cutting mat.  I peeled them off and arranged them on my cardstock in a vertical layered fashion.  I stitched them down with my sewing machine, and I just love the texture and dimension from this!  I used some random bits and pieces for embellishments...a Project Life card, a few flair buttons, some puffy stickers and a shiny gold Studio Calico word sticker for my title.


Here you can see some of the different shades of these new blues.  The Cold As Ice is more of a soft powder blue.  Snow Way Man has more of an aqua tone to it.  Both are very pretty!


To bring out the color in my daughter's shirt, I added some Creameez Berry Hot.  It matches perfectly, and it looks so pretty mixed with the blues and the green in the PL card that I cut.  I used Cold As Ice again here to create some splatters.


To add more interest to my background, I cut a really big open butterfly from white cardstock.  I used Colder Than Ice to paint it, and you can see that it's a very pale light blue.  If you scrap winter photos, these colors are going to be perfect for it!  I live in Florida, so I really don't scrap winter because we hardly have it....haha :D  These two flair buttons matched perfectly, and I layered some shiny gold thread under there.  Those green splatters are from Inklingz Honey Do List.


I love how these loops curled up!  I painted some Honey Do List under there and added more gold thread.  Sometimes you never even think of how pretty a color scheme will be until you start experimenting!  I'm so glad I scrapped this photo in color...it created such a pretty palette of colors.


Here's one more look at the blues.  I promise you they are even prettier in person!  And you can see here how they aren't just for snow layouts.  And they look awesome with pinks, greens and golds!


Here's my process video showing how this layout came together.  I hope you are inspired and fall in love with these beautiful new colors!


Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful Monday!


Products Used:
Vibez--Cold As Ice, Snow Way Man
Shimmerz Paints--Colder Than Ice, Winter's Mist
Creameez--Berry Hot
Inklingz--Honey Do List, Good As Gold


2 comments:

  1. Missy dear, that more can I say? I love your designs; You never cease to amaze me.
    Hugs from mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout! I LOVE those curly die cuts. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete