Thursday, August 11, 2016

More This / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, everyone!  I'm back today with my last July layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2016 July Hip Kits.  My theme for this one was Focus on Patterns.  I decided to go really bold and create a pattern of strips using lots of different patterned papers from the kits.  All of these papers were sheets I had already cut into for previous layouts, so I didn't "waste" any 12x12 papers just for a few small strips :)

I arranged them on white cardstock in various lengths, adhered them down and then smudged some white gesso over a lot of the center area.  I came in with some blue, pink and yellow Shimmerz (surprise...haha) and created a messy watercolor look.  I used these two cute black & white photos of my daughter, and I arranged them like this once I accidentally discovered how the right curve of that yellow striped frame outlined her arm and shoulder in the photo.  I love how that looks!  So I tilted the photos and the frame and then came in with lots of puffy stickers and die cuts.


Here you can see some of the fading from the gesso and the machine stitching detail.  I used various colors of thread to match the strips.  I also fussy cut several beautiful flowers from one of Kim Watson's exclusive papers.  If you received the Project Life kit, then you have the cut one that has all the "More" phrases on it.  I cut it up and used the phrases around the page as little embellishments.  It also inspired my title.


I love these Becky Higgins frames!  A very thin chipboard, and I ran this one through my sewing machine.  No problems at all.  I added a PL card behind it and then added more die cuts, chipboard and wood veneer on top of it.

 

Here's that PL card all cut up into individual words.  I think it's a great design element, and it gets my point across...haha!  I added some of the awesome exclusive lime green puffy alpha stickers to compete the title.  The round "Today" die cut and beautiful puffy flower are all from Kim Watson.  I added some pink tangled thread for an extra pop of color & texture.

 

I like to use frames in a different way, so I placed the photo on top of it instead of under it.  Since everything else was a little crooked, I liked the way it looked.


Here's one final close-up of the bottom area.  More fussy cut flowers, more strips and more "More" phrases :)


Here's my process video if you'd like to check that out.  I hope you get some fun ideas!


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment