Monday, August 22, 2016

Stretch Your Sketch #3 with Ashley Horton / Ridiculously Cute

Happy Monday, friends!  It's Week 3 of the Stretch Your Sketch series on YouTube with me and Ashley Horton, and today we are resizing the sketch.  You can find my video down below and Ashley's video HERE.



Here's my layout for this week.  I decided to resize the entire sketch and move it to the lower left corner.  I pulled out some older goodies for this...Echo Park Capture Life.  I used the heart circle from the cut file set and cut them with different papers in different sizes.  I wound up cutting the outer circle off to make them even smaller.  I used the circles I cut off as layers behind the photo as well and as a fun circle cluster in the upper right corner.  I used several Shimmerz paints and sprays to create the watercolor look behind the layers.


Here you can see lots of the details.  I used the hearts from the centers of the cut files as embellishments, and I machine stitched through them using a straight and zig zag stitch.  I added lots of tangled thread as well as some pink sequins.  I used a quote sticker from a Tim Holtz sticker book right above the journaling.


I love all of these teals, pinks and oranges together...such a pretty and soft color combination.  I originally used gold glitter Thickers at the bottom for the word "cute," but I changed them in the end with these orange October Afternoon alphas.  They just coordinated better, I think.


Circles are so fun to layer!  And if you see the sketch, there are lots of places for small embellishments, like hearts, stars & arrows.  I stuck with hearts for this one.  And you don't HAVE to place everything exactly where it is in the sketch.  It's just for inspiration, and you can move things where you think they fit best.


This cluster wasn't included in the sketch, but since I resized it smaller, I felt like the upper right area needed something.  I stuck with the circle theme and added this fun sticker from the Echo Park sticker sheet.  I added foam under it and lots of tangled thread.  I used more open circles here and I punched some smaller hearts from patterned papers.


Here's my process video...I hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas!


Thanks so much for joining me today...have a great week!  And don't forget to tag me and Ashley on social media if you play along with the sketch or cut files.  We'd LOVE to see what you create! You can download the sketch and the FREE cut file HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment