Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Bright Sunshiny Day / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I have another layout to share today for Hip Kit Club :)  I'm still using the 2016 July Hip Kits, and this one was really fun to make.  I started with my photos and decided on my title.  I wanted to do some hand stitching, so I searched through my fonts and used Alleana to create the word "sunshiny" really large across the center of the cardstock.  I cut it on my Cameo and then backed it with the beautiful ombre paper designed by Kim Watson.  I used four coordinating colors of embroidery thread and hand-stitched around all the letters.  It took some time, but the end result is worth it, I think!

I created two photo clusters at the top and bottom in mostly blues and pinks.  Honestly, I chose my photos because the colors in the matched those adorable little acrylic dots!  I have been wanting to use them, and they looked perfect with these pictures.  I used lots of ephemera, wood veneer, chipboard and die cuts to embellish everywhere.


Here's a closer look at the title.  Hand stitching is such a great way to add texture, interest and detail to your page.  It just takes some time and patience :)  I added some of those gorgeous gold glitter Thickers to finish the title.  I also added a few of the gold Project Life rub-ons from the Embellishment Kit, some chipboard and lots of gold Color Shine splatters.


This little cluster was fun to make!  I combined one of Kim Watson's exclusive die cuts with some chipboard and this really cute glitter wood veneer arrow from Pink Paislee.  I also fussy cut a little camera from one of the PL cards and added it to the photo.  And you can also see those tiny acrylic dots!


I wanted to hoard this flair button forever...it's my favorite!  I love that watercolor camera.  I did a bit of watercolor work here behind the photo using some of the Jeni B Bleu Shimmerz.  I also created a few layers using the exclusive stencil from the Color Kit and more of the Shimmerz sprays.


I fussy cut out this blue area from another PL card.  I love how it looks like I painted it!  The big wood veneer button is another Pink Paislee piece, and I added a cute Amy Tangerine tiny enamel heart.


Squeal at these colors....yes!  A fussy cut flower, a piece of the exclusive washi tape, more Shimmerz, more die cuts, more acrylic dots, more wood veneer with glitter and more chipboard!  Love all of them!


Here's one more look at the title...I wish I had a never-ending supply of this ombre paper.  It's truly beautiful.


Here's my process video showing the making of this page...I hope you enjoy!


Be sure to check out Hip Kit Club and see what's in store with the August Kits!!  Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment