Monday, August 15, 2016

Stretch Your Sketch #2 with Ashley Horton / Summer

Happy Monday!  Today I'm sharing the second layout and process video in the Stretch Your Sketch series I'm doing with my scrapping friend Ashley Horton on YouTube.  Last week, we used the sketch "as is."  This week, we are flipping it.



 Here's the sketch on it's side.  You can get a completely different look just by doing this, and you would never guess it was the same sketch!  I actually flipped it to the other side so the title is on the left.


Here's my layout.  I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!  For the circles, I drew some wonky spirals, sized them in different widths and welded them together in Silhouette Studio.  I cut the design on white cardstock and then used paint and Shimmerz to color it yellow, orange and pink.  I used some blue acrylic paint on the background and then brought in lots more yellow, orange and pink to balance out all that blue.  I used papers and embellishments from Bella Blvd, Simple Stories, Hip Kit Club and A Flair For Buttons.


My photos have a TON of blue in them, so most of my embellishments were a different color.  These fun stickers are from Simple Stories Sunshine & Happiness, and that pretty light pink layer is from a Hip Kit Club exclusive paper.  It's actually a cloud that I used as a fun layering piece.


There's another cloud...that's a yellow Bella Blvd patterned paper.  I cut "Summer" from that same Hip Kit paper and placed it vertically to mimic the title in the sketch.  All those blue sequins are from my stash.  The balloons and orange sunburst are from Simple Stories.  Even though the sketch has a lot of stars, you can use whatever shape or embellishment you want.  It's just giving you an idea of what you can place in that spot.


I am having so much fun lately with these emoji flair buttons!  This one is perfect for a Summer page, and he really pops with the pink thread.  I am so happy with how the cut file turned out.  It had its tricky moments when I peeled it off the cutting mat, but it straightened out once I started gluing it down.


Here's one last look at the upper area.  I added a chipboard sun, more tangled thread and a cute flamingo flair button.


Okay, here's the process video for you.  Be sure to check out Ashley's video HERE, and we'd love for you to play along with us!  You can download this sketch and some FREE cut files HERE.


Thank you sooooo much for stopping by!  Have a GREAT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment