Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Mixing Older & Newer Collections / My Mind's Eye

Hey, friends!  I hope you're having a great Tuesday :)  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for My Mind's Eye. I still have quite a lot of older MME lines left over, so I decided to mix in some Jubliee Mint Julep with some of the newer Hello Beautiful.  There are lots of coordinating colors & pieces in both lines, so I loved putting this together.

I began with the beautiful salmon pink-ish colored background paper from Jubilee.  Then I found a paper from Hello Beautiful that is almost the exact same color with fun glittered polka dots on it.  I ran it through my Cameo and cut this fun ampersand to use as a background element.  It's from The Cut Shoppe from a set called And Then.  I used some chunky gold thread to hand-stitch around the outer edge.  I used a lot of chipboard and die cuts from both collections.


I really wanted to use this adorable bicycle from Jubilee...it's just too cute!  I added some pop dots & gold tangled thread as well as a few enamel dots.  Here you can see some of the watercolor work on the background.  I used some gold and blue Shimmerz Paints...a combo of Inklingz & Creameez.


Here is a combo cluster using chipboard & fussy cut patterned paper pieces from both collections.  There is a patterned paper full of shiny gold ampersands in the Jubilee line, so I fussy cut a few of them out.  The flower is from a Hello Beautiful patterned paper.  It's really fun to mix and match collections to see what you can come up with!


Here's the other side of the photo strip...another gold ampersand and clusters.  That fun green scalloped border piece is from Jubilee.


I love layering pieces like this...to where there are just little bits peeking out from behind the photo strip.  I've got a piece of striped paper, a 3x4 Journal Card, more chipboard and enamel dots.


Here's one last close-up.  I fussy cut "lovely" from a fun scripty patterned paper from Jubilee and combined it with this chipboard strip from Hello Beautiful.  I really love how it all came out.


I hope this gives you come ideas on how you can take two different collections and make them look like one.  It's a fun challenge, and you can come up with some really fun looks.

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Missy! I love your combination of collections, all elements are perfectly integrated, it has been lovely !!!

    Hugs from México

    ReplyDelete
  2. That large ampersand is amazing! I love the gold stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is very sweet! I love thèse colors!

    ReplyDelete