Thursday, August 18, 2016

Heart Eyes / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back today to share my latest layout for Hip Kit Club.  It's my first page using the 2016 August Hip Kits, and they are nothing short of beautiful.  I was drawn to this really pretty & soft color scheme in this floral Dear Lizzy patterned paper.  I usually tend to go bold and bright, but these colors just called out to me.  I used a big chunk of the floral paper and then added a fussy cut scalloped border from one of the new Crate Paper Cute Girl papers. 

One of my favorite things this month is the Prima Oil Pastels in the Color Kit.  They are amazing and so much fun!  I used them to create the teal watercolor effect on the background.  I drew with them on some plastic and added a few drops of water.  I smushed the plastic together and then smushed it down on the paper.  Smush, smush, smush...haha :D  To try something different, I also created my own cut file from the black doodled flower on one of the 4x6 Project Life cards.  I took a photo of it with my phone, uploaded it into my Silhouette Studio, traced it and cut it.  Super easy, and now I have a new floral cut file!  I used the pastels to color one yellow and one that pretty soft pink color.


Here's a closer look at those die cut flowers.  The pastels did a great job of coloring here...all you need is a small bit of color and small bit of water.  And you can also smudge with your finger if you don't want to use water.  I used some of the MME enamel dots in the centers of the flowers and added some of the Amy Tangerine Oh Happy Life die cuts.  All those black clear stickers are from the new Dear Lizzy line, and they are very versatile and easy to use anywhere.


Here's the original flower from the PL card that I made into the cut file.  I used the pastels to color it and then went over it with the white pastel to give it a softer look.  If you want to lighten up something black or any dark color, use the white pastel over it and smudge it.  I did fussy cut that layered piece behind my photo from another PL card.


Here's one more close-up of the journaling area.  The Amy Tan sticker book is FULL of fun clear stickers!  They look so great on white cardstock because the color really pops!


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this came together.


Thank you so much for stopping by today...it really does mean so much to me!  I hope you have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. You creat such beautiful layouts AND your videos are so much fun to watch.
    I do want to learn how to creat layouts like you do, soooo pretty BUT I find it quite hard!

    Have a lovely day/Gunilla

    ReplyDelete