Saturday, April 18, 2015

You Awesome Nerd / The Cut Shoppe teams up with Neat & Tangled

 Hey, friends!  All this week, The Cut Shoppe teamed up with Neat & Tangled, and both teams used each others' products.  I received a few stamp sets from Neat & Tangled to use with the cut files from The Cut Shoppe.  It was so much fun, and both teams created amazing projects!

I used the Tiny Triangles and A Lot to Say stamps...they are adorable!  Go HERE for all the products available from Neat & Tangled. 

I used these three cut files from The Cut Shoppe to pair with my stamps: Awesome Nerd, Round Up, and Doo Dads.



Here is what I came up with.  I wanted to scrap this picture of my friend Jennifer and me from Megacon last year.  Yes, I embraced my inner geek and attended my very first Nerd Convention!  It was crazy and a lot of fun.  I got to meet several cast members from The Walking Dead, which was very cool.  Sometimes you just have to do something crazy, and this was it...haha!  It was a blast.

I started by using the stamps as my background element.  I used clear gesso over them and then used gelatos, watercolors and some spray inks to create the blues and greens.  I chose this color scheme because of her green shirt in the picture.  I layered several papers behind the photo from American Crafts and Studio Calico.  I cut "You Awesome Nerd" on patterned paper, and then I used black Distress Ink to give it a grey tone and make it stand out more.  The rest is tucking in embellishments around the photo and in the left hand cluster.


I just love these blues and greens together....so pretty.  I made some clear stamping and then I stamped "messily" to make some extra messy triangles.  I added in some of my film strip washi tape from Michaels, some thread and some AC puffy stickers.


I just LOVE this triangle stamp....I love that some of them are solid and some are open.  Lots of possibilities for coloring!  I added in a few flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons, too.


Isn't this date cut file so cute?  Perfect for any layout.  I used my triangle punch to make a banner...I like that it echos the triangles on the background.


And a close-up of the feature cut file...the title.  What better title for a picture from a Nerd Fest, right?!  Love it!  And I love those puffy stickers....I'm getting low and need more!


Thanks for stopping by today...I hope you have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. I always love seeing your pages, Missy! You do such fabulous work with color and design! Sounds like Megacon was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love so much your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing layout Missy!! I love the way you mixed the cut files and the stamps!! And the colors look so awesome together!!

    ReplyDelete