Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Awesome Sauce Photographed / My Mind's Eye

Happy Tuesday, friends!  Today I’m sharing a page I created for My Mind's Eye using the beautiful On Trend collection. If you haven’t seen this collection in person, you simply must get your hands on it! It’s so pretty and my favorite parts of it are the shiny gold elements, the fun overlays and the beautiful patterns on the papers and the Journal Cards.

I used some of the new Canvas Cardstock to build my page on and it’s amazing! This design was inspired by a few of the Journal Cards, so I used them as key elements on the page. I started with the Canvas Cardstock in Snowbound. It’s very sturdy and beautifully textured. I used a bit of watercolor on it, and since I used the plastic packaging technique, I didn’t use gesso beforehand. The cardstock took it very well and didn’t warp at all.


I used almost an entire pack of the Rub-Ons on this page! I just love them so much, and they adhere very smoothly. There are several fun designs, and I used them all around the photo and Journal Cards. The flower clusters are Rub-Ons that I fussy cut out. I love the texture it gives rather than just rubbing it directly onto to the paper. This also works well for layers so the rub-on doesn’t tear. I also added a bit of gold stitching.


I cut my title on my Cameo and paired it with more Rub-Ons. I really love the white-on-white look. Add in the pops of gold, and it’s just too pretty for words!


Isn’t that 'Awesome Sauce' circle SO cute?! I punched it out of a Journal Card. I just had to have that as a big element on the page because it’s just the cutest saying. I added some stitching through it and added pop dots under it. I just LOVE that gold and white striped journal card….too gorgeous!


One last close-up…the overlays in this line are awesome…I cut this circle out and layered it with a few strips of patterned paper. The date sticker is from the Fancy That line.


I think this collection is really pretty, and if you're a fan of GOLD, then I know you'll love it as well.  I love that I find ways to use the Journal Cards in other ways than Project Life or pocket page-style scrapbooking.  I think they are great tools for layouts.

I hope this inspires you in some way....thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love the mix of colors on this layout, Missy!! And the stitching is always awesome!!

    ReplyDelete