Monday, April 6, 2015

Hello Sweet Pickles / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday, friends!!  I usually post my weekly Hip Kit Club layouts on Sundays, but since yesterday was Easter I took the day off from blogging.  So here it is today!  This went up on the Hip Kit blog last Tuesday.  I used the 2015 March Kits for this.

I took some inspiration from Nicole Nowosad for this one.  She created a layout using pie charts, and I just loved it.  I decided to use circles in the form of a Silhouette Cameo die cut that I created in the software on my computer.  I just created a bunch of different sized circles and spaced them apart on the page and then cut them on my Cameo.  I wanted the lower part of the paper untouched.  Once the circles were cut, I backed them with lots of different patterned papers.  I even used some mixed media techniques to create a few "new" patterns of my own.  You can see exactly how I did this in my process video below.


Here you can see how each circle is backed with paper.  I machine stitched with gold thread (my fave!) and used some of the MME sequins as well.  I used modeling paste, spray inks and gelatos to create that bumpy texture.  I also used one of the Dylusions stencils from the Color Kit.


I added some Cracked Pistachio paint to that Crate Paper chipboard frame and then layered that gold MME sticker on top of it along with the Happy Day sticker from Webster's Pages.  I created lots of layers here.  I wound up cutting the Enjoy the Day Together piece from one of the Project Life cards.


Coloring this Elle's Studio wood veneer piece was simple...I just used spray ink and a gelato and my finger...less than 10 seconds to do.  I also backed it with white paper to make the word pop.


I love layering my alphas, and these Thickers are no exception...such a fun color and font!  I paired it with the Basic Grey navy letters and a Webster's Pages sticker.  I love combining different elements for my titles.


Here's one more shot of the circles and that awesome texture.  I had to have some form of mixed media on this page, and this was my "neat" way of doing this time :)


Here's my process video explaining step-by-step how I created this.  Hope you enjoy it!


Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment