Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Captured / My Scraps & More Sketch #104

Happy Tuesday, friends!  Have you seen the latest sketch over on the My Scraps & More Sketch Blog?  It's fabulous, and it was created by our guest designer Nicole Nowosad!  She's amazing, and so is her sketch....check it out!


Here is the page I created.  I pulled out some Crate Paper Open Book & Kiss Kiss and went to layering.  My favorite part is the vellum piece with those geometric hearts!  I chose the papers I wanted and then cut them into strips.  I smudged some white gesso onto parts surrounding the photo cluster and then added in some gelatos and watercolors....it's very subtle.  These soft colors are so beautiful and I didn't want to go loud with this.  I smudged with some gold Color Shine, too.


Okay, so I've been hoarding these gold glitter Thickers.  I decided to bite the bullet and use one on this page, and I'm glad I did.  I LOVE how it turned out!  I layered some die cuts and rub-ons here, too, in addition to the machine stitching.


I love this transparent frame....it was just meant to be right here in this spot.  I layered in a few of my flair buttons, another gold rub-on and an acetate die cut to bring in a bit more of the green.


This vellum....oh my gosh.  LOVE!  I even smudged the gesso and mixed media over it and it did warp slightly, but I fixed that with the stitching.  That gold is just my fave!


Be sure to hop on over to the Sketch Blog and play along with us!  There is a GREAT prize up for grabs.....THIS!!  The Up in the Clouds collection from Pinkfresh Studio!!


Definitely worth playing for! :D  Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love how you layered the paper strips and added the Black stitching, Missy! Great take on Nicole's sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this sketch, and you've totally done it justice! Gorgeous color and layering, and the pops of gold completely take this one to another level!

    ReplyDelete